Investing in business software is a big decision to make. Not only does it require money investment – it also entails a certain time commitment as interweaving a new tool into your workflow is not an easy and quick process, let alone there is always a risk that your choice might go amiss. That is what trial periods are for – to make sure that all the time and resources don’t simply go to waste.
In this blog post, we have decided to share our take on how to make the most out of your free trial.
1. Do some prep work before even signing up for a free evaluation copy of software.
2. Allocate time and a team to testing out the software. It is essential that you allow yourself and your team enough time to kick the tires and get a feel of the app, and make sure they feel comfortable navigating it.
3. Take a short-cut by requesting a live demo with the vendor. You can couple this with getting an evaluation copy or restrain from starting the trial until the live demo reveals that the app meets your requirements.
4. Put real data in the software and play around with transactions. There is no use just pushing the buttons without seeing how the app handles your data for real.
5. Interact with the vendor. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to have more interaction with the vendor and confirm/check your understanding of the product’s features. There is always room for customization and you can find out that the app can also adjust to your unique workflow. We love customers who approach us with multiple questions – it is from these questions that we learn where our development should be headed and that is how customers make use of our expertise so they can take a well-informed decision. Be inquisitive!
6. Request training. Our support at the ready, we will be with you throughout the entire trial time, so don’t hesitate to request a remote session where we could help you get the hang of the product faster.
Knowing how busy small business owners usually are, we consider 30 days to be an optimal trial length for HandiFox Desktop and 14 days for HandiFox Online, given a company really puts this time to use. Request a live demo and a free trial now to discover the software and team you can lean on!